December 7, 2007

The Rocky Mountains



Before I came to Canada, I had known that there is a great mountain across the North America from my geography class. Its name is Rocky Mountains. I also heard that it’s the barrier of the west North America and very important to the region. However, I just learned it in the map and I never saw it. In my imagination, it is the long, high and huge mountain. When I was in the plane from Vancouver to Calgary, I saw a series of ranges under the plane. It is a broad range of mountains because most of scene in my fly was the mountains. They are also high as the snow still on the mountains. I was aware I was passing the Rocky Mountains, but I though it just so-so. After I arrived in Calgary, I saw the great mountains in single hill again. They are so near the city. Calgary just lies on the foot of the mountains. Off course, they are pretty beautiful and spectacular. What the great mountains! I don’t know how I can describe my thinking of the time I saw the mountains. It’s totally different from watching from the plan. I hop I can have chance to go the mountains, face to face, to see how spectacular it is. Before that, I think I can take a look at it everyday when I am waiting for my bus.

5 comments:

Amin said...

LOL. Could you read it? It was a bit confusing for me during writing it because i should not miss any letter. like it? :D

MIXER said...

have ever been there nor not??

helen said...

Did you not go to Banff yet? It is beautiful. I really do not know we may go to Banff at winter. May be it is too cold in the mountains. Anyway, we have changes next year.

Camille said...

Turely it is fabulous. I have visited Banff for once in September, it was impressive. The Rocky looks quite different from the view i saw from the plane.

Jack said...

I want to go to Rocky Mountains~~~