December 1, 2007

Silent world









It's snow again last night. But I think it's not heavy because there just a thin snow on the ground. I got up early this morning do the straggly things and the crazy homework. When I went out and waiting for the bus, there's little snow following, I couldn't see any car and people passing in the street. It's so quiet and I couldn't hear anything. Before I came here, I had lived in Guangzhou for a year. Guangzhou is a big city in China. It’s a different city with Calgary. Guangzhou has great population and busy traffic. You can see people whenever and wherever. It's like a busy working machine. Never stop, never calm, full with energy. It's hard to find any peace in Guangzhou. Contrarily, Calgary is a peaceful city. It's an energy city, but not an engine. The life styles in these two cities are totally different. In Calgary, Most people work in daytime and back home in the evening, then stay at home for their whole night. In Guangzhou, night is much more colorful. We usually go out to shopping, watch movies and meet our friends at night. We prefer to go out for relax than stay at home. People in Guangzhou especially like to eat and have tea outside in late night. They call is “Late-night tea”. The shops never close until 11pm. The streets are full with people at night. Now I am experiencing the different life style in Calgary, time will tell me which style I prefer.

2 comments:

Amin said...

Hi Sam. My hometown has more similarity to that city in China rather than Calgary. On the one hand, I can feel what you mean. On the other hand, I think we felt more loneliness here because we do not have as much as friends here in compare of our own country. If we had our friends here, we could do lots of thing even during night.

Oksana said...

I really like the tradition of drinking tea at night out of home. You should start it in CAlgary. I think everybody will like it.
Good luck!