January 17, 2008

The best way to learn a foreign language

In my opinion, both studying in class and out of class are important for learning a foreign language. We take classes because we need to learn the skill and knowledge. I used to learn English by myself. I spent lots of time and did many practices every day. The more practices I did, the more problems I found, but I always didn’t know how to correct them because no one could tell me the right answer and reason. Answer comes easier than reason. I always make the same mistake because I didn’t know the correct reason for answers. I think this why we need teachers. They have huge knowledge and experience in the field they teach. Especially learning a foreign language, it safes time and is much easier within teachers’ instruction. We also can share experience with our classmate. It’s also help for our study.
Learn out of class because we need more practice. One of the most important goals of learning a foreign language is for communication. It’s about how to the knowledge we learn in out daily life. The time of classes is limit and it mostly focuses on teach and learn. We need more time to practice what we learn. Watch TV, chat with friends in English, do the practice in text book…I have lots of opportunity to use English everyday. However, for me, it seems hard for me to hold the mind that I need practice more out of class. Even I always avoid using English in my life. I think this is why English still poor. From my negative example, it is not hard to find the importance of learning foreign languages out of class~~

2 comments:

Unknown said...

...
Scott, i'm the first one that read his blog...

Sam, feel boring, call me.

Scott Douglas said...

It's hard to keep up the energy to constantly use English outside of the class. I can imagine it must be exhausting sometimes! Don't give up :-)