March 28, 2008

A nice day

Today, I talked with one of my friend. She asked me to help her to move her house this weekend. Of course, I will help her. When I ask why she want to move, she told me that her son is going to go to kindergarten, and she want to move to a place that has good kindergarten. She loves her son very much. She talked a lot about her son. When she talked about the future after her son grow up, she felt a little disappoint about it. She said that children in west countries pay less attention to their parents after they grow up. I can hear she afraid that after her son is 18 years, he will leave them and just back to see his parents once or twice in a year. She said she don’t like this. She wants her son can keep a traditional Chinese culture: “xiao”. Actually, I can’t totally understand her feeling because I don’t have my children now. Though I know my mother also love me, I still can’t understand how parents love their children; but I know I should give more phone calls to my parents from now on. I think this is a common problem that many Chinese immigration families face. Most of the parents try to remain this good tradition.

I am also curious that how many Chinese families can keep this tradition in Canada.We have a nice pizza party today. We all have friends in different levels. It is a good opportunity for the EAP students sit together and chart with each other. And also thanks for Scott and Murray. They gave us lots of funny and good music. They always give us surprise~!

No comments: