March 30, 2008

Different stuff

My friend Mike is always interested in my Chinese stuff. He especially is curious to Chinese food and culture. Today, I made Chinese medicine soup at home. The strange smell attracted Mike came down quickly and asked what I was making. I told him those were Chinese medicines. I found it was hard to explain what the medicines were made by and how it worked for good health because I did not understand them all. What I know just that they are some good stuff. To Mike, these were some dried plant and had may be magic power, I though. Off course, he got to try the soup. I was not surprised that he said “yucky” after trying it. It was not the first time he show me his response liked this. May be I ought to improve my skills in making food, hah. He is curious to Chinese food, but he still prefer to his Canadian style to Chinese. He also asked me about Chinese words, and he seems likes Cantonese better than mandarin. It is a pity that I just can show him some simple Chinese stuff. I also learned some thing from Mike. He is a really lazy man. He hardly takes time to cook. He always makes his dinner with one pan and a microwave. He material he need is bought from supermarket and everything has been cut and prepared well in package. In China, people always use about one hour to prepared dinner because everything we have to do by ourselves, so I use this way now. This is one of the stuff I learned from my friend Mike.

2 comments:

Hisham said...

i know what you mean buying those ready made stuff is easy because it doesn't take a lot of time it is good if you lazy but preparing for an hour or so has a much better taste
i have done both so i know

Scott Douglas said...

I'm a pretty lazy guy when it comes to cooking too. I hate having to wash a lot of dishes!